Conditions of Entry
- There is a limit of 3 entries for each person per category.
- There is no limit to the number of categories you may enter.
- The entry fee is $10 per category for up to 3 entries in that category.
- Payment will be accepted through EFT, Paypal, Cheque, or in person at the gallery.
- Works must fit within either A3 or A4 parameters (gallery framing requirement).
- Entries must not have previously been entered in the Rotary Cartoon Awards or the Captain Fantastic Cartoon Competition but may have been published elsewhere. All selected works will be matted and framed by the gallery for exhibition.
COPYRIGHT: Entrants retain the copyright of their entered works however, the gallery is permitted to reproduce the works in catalogue form for future exhibitions. The image may be used in full or part thereof for promotional material and publications for the gallery. The gallery may also sell copyright marked prints, for the purpose of raising funds to support the future Rotary Cartoon Awards. Sale cartoons are printed in A3 or A4 as appropriate, on a 200gsm card at 600 x 600 dpi photo quality setting using a Canon Image Runner Advance C5240 Printer (or better/equal equivalent). Further sales of prints online or on products other than prints are to be permitted only by prior agreement with the individual artist.
DIGITAL ENTRIES: All digital entry information is now entered through the new portal. Please supply files as a high quality JPG (A maximum of 40Mb per image). The title, a short description and whether the image should be A4 or A3 will be asked for when uploading. Works will be printed on 200gsm card at 600 dpi photo quality printing using a Canon Image Runner Advance C5240 Printer.
HARDCOPY ENTRIES: Entries must be accompanied by a completed entry form and payment. If submitting multiple entries only one entry form is required. Entries will be accepted digitally, by post (PO Box 1483 Coffs Harbour NSW 2450) or hand-delivered as per the instructions below. Hard copy entries are retained by the gallery, however, copyright remains vested in the original artist.
JUDGING: The organisers will appoint suitable judges. Judges will not be eligible to enter the competition. The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be announced at the presentation evening at The National Cartoon Gallery. Presentation evening details will be confirmed closer to the date pending COVID-19 restrictions. All entrants will be advised via email prior to the event.
Entry does not guarantee that your work will be on display during the exhibition. Entry to the Awards will be taken as an agreement to accept these conditions. (Issue Date: 20 July 2021)