Latest news from the Gallery
The National Cartoon Gallery (NCG) is Australia's only dedicated cartoon gallery and
custodian of our country’s largest cartoon collection, with over 24,000 cartoons from leading
Australian and international cartoonists.
The Gallery has recently expanded its funky and unique appeal to include a café, cinema
and large modern exhibition space above the original authentic underground WWII bunker.
The gallery hosts changing exhibitions, cartooning workshops and special corporate and
community events in its spectacular and unique venue.
The Gallery is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a board of management and
About the role
We seek an energetic and experienced business leader who has a healthy sense of fun and
humour to lead the team, ensuring the ongoing commercial and artistic success of the
Our ideal manager will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• Previous management/leadership experience (minimum 5 years)
• High level stakeholder management and communication skills
• Competence in internet marketing
• Commitment to high level visitor experience
• Experience working with a Board
• Commitment to continual growth and innovation
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
• Strategic thinking
• An understanding of gallery operations would be desirable
• Overseeing day to day operation of the gallery in conjunction with support staff
• Increasing visitor admission numbers
• Prepare, execute and monitor the marketing strategy
• Management of staff and volunteers
• Management of the overall gallery budget: cost controls, profit margins, revenue
generation and expenditure, in conjunction with support staff.
• Actively promote the gallery within the local tourist industry and community
• Reporting and liaising with the Board and various sub-committees
• Attract corporate and community events to the Gallery
• Liaise with the exhibition Manager to offer interesting exhibitions
As well as being involved with a unique business that has exciting plans for future growth,
you would enjoy the following benefits.
• Permanent opportunity – working a four day week
• Coastal lifestyle in growing regional area
• Flexible working conditions
• Performance based incentives
How to apply
Please submit a current resume and a brief covering letter outlining your skills’ match to
those listed and what you think you could bring to the role.
Address to – email@example.com
Applications close June 3.
The National Cartoon Gallery has a family pass for 2 adults and up to three children for $30. Use your NSW Services Dine and Discover $25 voucher and only pay $5 extra for a great family activity. There’s plenty to see for young and old plus some great activities for kids too. Make a zine, colour in a cartoon, or catch one of the many short animations on offer. Escape the weather and visit the National Cartoon Gallery for a good laugh and some fun family time.
At the recent annual Coffs Coast Business Awards, the Cartoon Gallery won the Tourism Experience Award. Our Chairman, Paul McKeon, accepted the Award at a special event, run by the Coffs Harbour Chamber of Commerce. It was presented by Fiona Barden from Coffs Harbour Council.
The Tourism category attracted entries from many of the leading tourist businesses on the Coffs Coast, so the Cartoon Gallery was up against some stiff competition.
The gallery was a finalist in these annual awards in 2019, so it’s very satisfying to be recognised consistently as one of the top tourist experiences on the Coffs Coast.
Thanks to all our wonderful visitors who came to our Free Open Day on Sunday 31 October. We had so much fun! The kids created, animated and made some great things to take home. Thanks to Trudy the face painter, Simone the drummer, David the cartoonist and our wonderful volunteers for making the day so successful.
We are looking for a talented and experienced person to join the Board which oversees the running of the National Cartoon Gallery and plans its future growth. It's a volunteer board of committed people who wish to see the Gallery grow and prosper.
If you have an interest in the Cartoon Gallery Board, have some time to commit, and would like to tell us a little about yourself, please click on the button.
The National Cartoon Gallery is delighted to welcome the Bunker Cafe for our visitors to enjoy morning tea and lunches between seeing our galleries. They can cater for any of your function/event needs, or simply pop in to enjoy our beautiful space and creative menu.
Opening Hours - Currently closed due to Covid restrictions. Will reopen once restrictions are lifted.
Starring Peter Sellers and directed by Blake Edwards in 1968. A clerical mistake results in a bumbling Indian film star being invited to an exclusive Hollywood party instead of being…
Directed by Stanley Kramer in 1963. A group of motorists witnesses a car crash in the California desert, and after the driver’s dying words indicate the location of a hidden…
Want to keep up with what’s happening at the Gallery?
Subscribe to our mailing list: