The National Cartoon Gallery (NCG) is Australia’s only dedicated cartoon gallery and
custodian of our country’s largest cartoon collection, with over 24,000 cartoons from leading
Australian and international cartoonists.
The Gallery has recently expanded its funky and unique appeal to include a café, cinema
and large modern exhibition space above the original authentic underground WWII bunker.
The gallery hosts changing exhibitions, cartooning workshops and special corporate and
community events in its spectacular and unique venue.
The Gallery is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a board of management and
About the role
We seek an energetic and experienced business leader who has a healthy sense of fun and
humour to lead the team, ensuring the ongoing commercial and artistic success of the
Our ideal manager will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• Previous management/leadership experience (minimum 5 years)
• High level stakeholder management and communication skills
• Competence in internet marketing
• Commitment to high level visitor experience
• Experience working with a Board
• Commitment to continual growth and innovation
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
• Strategic thinking
• An understanding of gallery operations would be desirable
• Overseeing day to day operation of the gallery in conjunction with support staff
• Increasing visitor admission numbers
• Prepare, execute and monitor the marketing strategy
• Management of staff and volunteers
• Management of the overall gallery budget: cost controls, profit margins, revenue
generation and expenditure, in conjunction with support staff.
• Actively promote the gallery within the local tourist industry and community
• Reporting and liaising with the Board and various sub-committees
• Attract corporate and community events to the Gallery
• Liaise with the exhibition Manager to offer interesting exhibitions
As well as being involved with a unique business that has exciting plans for future growth,
you would enjoy the following benefits.
• Permanent opportunity – working a four day week
• Coastal lifestyle in growing regional area
• Flexible working conditions
• Performance based incentives
How to apply
Please submit a current resume and a brief covering letter outlining your skills’ match to
those listed and what you think you could bring to the role.
Address to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close June 3.